Here, in this post I will describe the complete procedure about updating your phone to latest Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDKT3. For the reader's convenience I have written every step in a clear and simple way.
Please note that the update mentioned here is official update only for India. Remember, updating will not void your warranty. But doing it in a wrong way may brick your phone. So, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
The below mentioned method has been tested and worked 100% on my Galaxy Fit.
Fully Charge your battery and Backup your data. Remove sd card from phone.
Step 1. Dial*#1234# to check your firmware version.
Step 2. Download the firmware files for Galaxy fit.
Step 3. Download Galaxy Fit Flash program.
Step 4. Update your phone.
1. Windows PC, Galaxy Fit Drivers, Firmware files, Flash programs.
2. Download Drivers here
Samsung USB drivers
3. Download Flash programs here
Galaxy Fit Flash Programs
4. Download Firmware files here
Galaxy Fit Firmware
1. Extract the drivers file and install Samsung USB drivers on your PC. Also, extract the firmware files to obtain two files:- SS_DL.dll and S5670DDKT3_S5670ODDKT2_S5670DDKT2_HOME.tar.md5
2. Extract the flash program file to obtain two files:- BENI v1.0.ops and Odin.
3. Open Odin executable file.
4. Click OPS and select BENI_v1.0.ops from the files you have downloaded. Now tick "One Package" to enable One Package field. Now click One Package and select the file S5670DDKT3_S5670ODDKT2_S5670DDKT2_HOME.tar.md5
Leave all other fields.
It should appear like this:-
OPS - BENI_v1.0.ops
One Package - S5670DDKT3_S5670ODDKT2_S5670DDKT2_HOME.tar.md5
5. Now wait for about one minute.Meanwhile switch off your phone.
6. Now open your phone in download mode by pressing volume down and home button and while pressing these two buttons press the power button until your phone switches on. Now your phone will turn on with a yellow coloured triangle displayed on screen.Below the triangle "Downloading" will be written. Now connect your Samsung Galaxy Fit GT S5670 to PC and wait till the device is ready to use.
7. The "Com Port Mapping" box in Odin will turn yellow as soon as odin detects your phone. Now, once again make sure you have followed the steps correctly. Press "Start" button. The odin timer will get started.
8. Do not disturb the phone and PC during the updating process. When updating is successful, you will see the message "PASS" in the top left box. In my case, it took nearly ten minutes to complete.
Congrats!!! You have updated your Samsung Galaxy Fit GT S5670 to latest gingerbread 2.3.6. Some changes are:-
1) Quick response
2) Memo icon change
3) Lock screen change
4) Updated Quickoffice, SamsungApps, Market
5) Downloads App added.
6) Notification, Status bar icons...etc
AFTER UPDATING:- Factory reset your phone to remove unwanted cache files. Go to Settings->Privacy->Factory Reset. To check your firmware version, go to Settings->About phone.
If I helped you and you appreciate my work, please don't forget to post comments. Support me by joining my dreamzone & become my friend.